Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Just Some Quick Thoughts

A few thoughts between classes:

-I look forward to the annual Collegiate Conference at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville this February. It is always a very informative weekend, as well as a good time with friends. It was pointed out to me that Porter's very own Jon Canler is on the conference website. You can tell it's Jon by the redicluously swoll arms.

-Why are these teams still in the Top 25? Syracuse, Louisville, UCLA, Wisconsin? These teams have proven nothing.

-I am sick of hearing how great the Big East Conference is. They have 16 teams in the conference, of course they are going to get more teams into the tourney. UCONN is the only team I respect from that conference, no one else has proven anything yet. The Big Ten is the best conference in America.

-Why can't I walk on campus without getting blown over by gale-force winds? UK is the only place where I have this problem.

-Cats win last night, still people complain. We are not perfect, but a win is a win.

-Gonzaga's last 3 wins include: 92-80 win over Loyola-Marymount, 84-75 win over San Fransisco. 64-64 win over San Diego. Again I say, what has this team done to earn the #7 ranking in the country? They are barely beating crappy teams. What boggles my mind is that #8 Illinois is 17-2 (Zaga is 16-3), with both losses to good teams (and 17 wins against good teams). I know the polls mean nothing, but come on, how can you say that a team in a crappy conference with more losses is better than a team in arguably the best conference who has less losses?

-My pick for 2006 NCAA Champs is Michigan State. I said it at the beginning of the season, and I am repeating it now. You heard it here first.

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 04:51:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

That's why I love the Sagarin:
Gonzaga is #12 (they've played 7 decent teams, but haven't beaten any top-10's), Wisconsin #26, UCLA #38, Syracuse #31, Louisville at #60(!) Thus, it's MUCH truer to what the games actually have revealed.

Kentucky is up to #43 today, just one behind Vandy. Sounds about right w/our performances. A solid win against #39 Arkansas will bolster us!

 
At 1/25/2006 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with a lot of things you have mentioned. But the two I agree STRONGLY with are the "campus winds" and your 2006 NCAA National Champion...... the Michigan State Spartans. They have one of the best backcourts in the nation, and their "D" is tenacious.... As long as Ager, Brown and Davis are healthy, you WILL see the Spartans holding the trophy in March.

 
At 1/25/2006 08:11:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

I used to enjoy watching people walk through the courtyard (aka the wind tunnel) outside POT. That was fun... especially when they carried umbrellas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home