Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thoughts From The First Day of School (again)

First let me say that after Tuesday night's basketball game, I don't think there is any need for a post-game evaluation. It is obvious that we are not capable of playing as a team right now, and until we can figure out how that works, (i.e passing and not dribbling, putting pressure on the ball, passing, not taking stupid shots, passing, getting the ball in the post, passing, setting screens, passing, passing, and passing) we will go nowhere. My only other comment is START RAVI MOSS , or as I like to call him "THE DEUCE". He plays better defenense then Sparks, and he is shooting better than him right now. Moss has earned it, Sparks has lost it. It's time to reward this kid.

Now onto my thougts from my first day back on campus after Christmas break:

-The day started with French 201. Let me preface this by saying that I haven't had a French class since my junior year of high school. Well I walk in and immediately the professor starts talking to us in French. I'm thinking "Hold up, can't we at least go over the syllabus in English?" At first, I had no idea what the crap anybody was saying, but as time went on, it all started coming back to me. The cool thing about this class was that we got to choose a French name that we would like to be called for the rest of the semester. I chose Thierry (pronounced Tee-airy), naming myself after world-class French soccer superstar Thierry Henry (it seemed fitting). Then we did the whole "notecard" thing where we fill out a notecard full of info for the teacher, including something interesting about ourselves. This is always a problem for me, as I am a pretty average guy. I don't have any huge abnormalities. This particular professor asked us to tell her something that she would never guess about us. I thought about saying that I had killed a man once because he stepped on my shoe, but I don't think that would have gone over well.

-Next came Text and Context: Frankenstein. I knew that I was in trouble when the teacher walked in asking "Is it hot in here to you all, or is it just because I am going through menapause?". There were some very creepy people in that class, one of which just kept tapping his pencil non-stop against his arm while flashing people dirty looks. He kind of reminded me of Tapp except with long, nappy hair, and a lot more neurotic.

-Lunch break. I chose Chic-Fil-A today. As I was standing in line, I heard a girl say very loudly to another girl "Ha! I smacked your a**!" to which the other girl replied "No you didn't, I smacked your a** first!". I turned around to see several girls trying to smack each other's rear ends. It seems they were playing "Booty-Smack", a new game that is sweeping the nation's youth by storm. I thought I had left all this stuff behind in the high school lunch line, but apparently not.

-Next came the class that I had been eagerly awaiting all day, History of Jazz. It did not disappoint; this class is going to be fantastic. The only funny thing that happened in this class was someone coughing during class, and the guy next to me saying, in an inappropriately loud voice, "Are you alright there, buddy? Can I get you some water or something?"

-Finally, my advance developmental pyschology lab. We only stayed for 15 minutes, so nothing cool happened. But it is going to be a good course.

I have one more class that hasn't met yet. Me and Sok are in it together and I sure it will be a blast. My schedule seems pretty solid, but it will probably be more work than last semester. Oh well. I guess it's good for me.

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 09:05:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

"booty-smack" is more entertaining among guys.

I'm going to write a post in a few days about Baylor's "all-you-can-eat" policy in their food courts. I feel like UK ripped me off.

 
At 1/12/2006 01:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tres bien mon frere.... tres bien

 
At 1/12/2006 11:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonne chance!

 
At 1/15/2006 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

The fun aspect of Text and Context classes is taking them with creepy people who hate the government, love clove smoking, and know way too much about Dark Horse comic books. Make the most of it.

 
At 1/15/2006 06:35:00 PM, Blogger SMITTY said...

i bet that history of jazz class would be swell. what is the text.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home