Monday, January 02, 2006

The Return Of Tuesday Nights

By the time most of you read this it will already be Tuesday January 3, 2006. I say to you now, this date has more meaning than you know, for it is the return of the great Tuesday night festivities that Chris Smith and I affectionately term "Tuesday Nights". Original, I know. At any rate, many moons ago (I was in my first semester of my junior year of college) Chris and I began watching Scrubs and Law & Order: SVU together every Tuesday night. It was the best of times, let me tell you. We would pick up some Long John Silver's, take it to the house, then laugh through a new episode of Scrubs, and then at 10 watch as Stabler and Benson regulated on criminals on SVU. Later, The Office was thrown into the mix. And, dare I say it, occasionally we would even watch Gilmore Girls before it was time for our shows to come on. Those were excellent times.

But for various reasons, Tuesday Nights were interrupted. School, work, things of this nature. Those were dark times. But, tonight, the darkness will give way to the glorious light that is Tuesday Nights. Hear this: UK game at 7 pm, new season of Scrubs at 9 and 9:30, and new SVU at 10. Holy crap. What is better than this? I can't think of much.

So get ready, it's gonna be a crazy night. This season of Scrubs should prove to be the best ever, and rumor has it that Stabler gets taken hostage on SVU. I would encourage you all to tune in, as you can be assured that you will not go away dissatisfied. I never am.

7 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilmore Girls??......

 
At 1/03/2006 01:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always so thankful to hear that others get as excited about SVU as I do. Ahhh... Nothing beats watching Stabler rough some sickos up. Did you happen to catch all those marathons over the holidays--those were blessed days!

 
At 1/03/2006 06:40:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

hooray... i'm visitor #8,000!!!!

 
At 1/03/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Liz Waters said...

I agree, Kristy. Every now and then I feel like maybe there's something wrong w/ me because I like to watch SVU so much, since it's such messed up stuff that goes on. But at least I'm not the only one who loves to watch it over and over again!

 
At 1/04/2006 11:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Stabler after those awful UK games it is nice to know that you can still see someone get a solid beating.

But at any rate I still think the writers for SVU are either ex-cons or just sick for thinking up all that twisted stuff. I though it slightly hypocritical that on the one episode when the guy got addicted to torturing and killing girls because he saw pictures of girls his dad killed. That here sits the average TV viewer looking at the same images, that apparently addicted this guy to rape, vividly displayed on his/her TV screen. It is also comical that Ice T is on a cop show, I guess gangsta isn't what it used to be :(

But at any rate I usually watch the show, and CI which I like better, with Allison.

 
At 1/05/2006 03:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we get Scubs in Kenya also on Tuesday nights... but it is the first season...

 
At 1/05/2006 03:14:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

the first season was the best... it got pretty trashy after that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home