Sunday, December 18, 2005

Weekly Wind-Down

What a great week it has been!!!!! I mean, has there been a better week???? I would say there are very few, my friends. On a scale of "very weak-very strong", I give this week a strong to very strong, for several reasons:

-School is over.
-Cats run all over Cards.
-Morris is told he can return this season.
-Quality time spent with quality friends.
-Law & Order: SVU marathon Sunday from 12pm-12am (over the entire weekend, I watched a total of 9 episodes)

Other interesting items:

-The Stephens family Christmas was on Friday. For those who don't know, that's my Mom's side of the family. Well, it just so happens that there is new addition to the family this year. My cousin had a baby. And she named him Wesley. Now, as honored as I am that they named their firstborn after me, it was tough for me to be in the same room as a person who had my name. Wesly is not the most common name, so I have never had to deal with what the "John's" and the "Steve's" of the world have to deal with. So here's what would happen frequently that evening. Someone would say "Wesley, you are so cute." I would say "Thanks", then reailize they weren't talking to me. Or another would say "Wesley, you have such a nice head of hair!" and I would say "Thanks!", then again, realize they weren't talking to me. One time someone said "Wesley, do you want a cookie?" and I thought "Yes, yes I do want a cookie". But I never got that cookie.

-I worked a lot this week. And with that work comes the fact that I have to deal with a lot of stupidity. I haven't done this in a while, but I think it is good that I do. Time for me to complain about work. Here are the things NOT to say to me while I am at work:

-"Can you tell me what you do have in a size 6 in the back?"

-Me: "The smallest size I have left in this shoe is a 9,"
Customer: "So, do you have a 7?"

-"Can you help me get my shoe off?"

-"Can you help me put this shoe on?"

-"Do you all have those shoes that Oprah had on her show yesterday?"

-"There are no cash registers upstairs? You mean I have to carry this shirt all the way downstairs to pay?"

-Person of The Week: Connor Sears. Hats off to Connor for letting us all use his UK meal card.

-Co-Person of the Week: Matt Woodyard. For ordering the "Troy Woodyard Marriage '07" bracelets. Let the madness begin, ladies.

-New season of Scrubs begins Tuesday Jan. 3. If you are a fan, or would like to become a fan, please notify me or Chris. We welcome any Scrubs patronage on Tuesday nights.

Let's make this next week an even better one. And remember, only YOU can prevent forest fires.

1 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Jon Canler said...

Dude, this week was awesome.

You need to come up with a "Wes's word of the week" deal, and your first word can be "chiefin" via Micah Milliken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home