Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Resolutions

I had a bad weekend. When I have bad weekends, I tend to think a lot. Thus, I did a lot of thinking this particular weekend. These are the things that I thought about this weekend, and the resulting decisions I have made:

-I am going to coach a youth soccer team this spring. And by coach, I mean start a dynasty. I am going to take a bunch of kids (probably 11-12 year olds, but we will see) and I am going to turn them into an offensive juggernaut and a defensive beast. Our motto will be "OFFENSE STARTS WITH DEFENSE". We will be in shape, we will be fundamentaly sound, we will be aggressive, we will execute, and we will win. But most imprtantly, we will have fun while we do it. Because winning is fun, and losing is not.

-I am going to be a better role model.

-I am not going to be one of those UK fans who I see and hear on blogs and call-in shows who complain about every little aspect of the team and who give them absolutley no credit even when they win. Honestly, I think it hurts the players and our recruiting.

-I am going to be more assertive.

-I am going to speak my mind.

-I am going to prioritize better.

-I am going to bring back "2 for 1 Night" at Penn Station. A couple of years ago, Andy, Troy, Matt and I hit up "The Station" nearly every Tuesday night for the best deal in towm. It's time to bring that traditon back.

-I am going to talk less and listen more.

-I am going to start getting ready now for indoor soccer spring session. That way, I will be in shape and better able to punish my opponents.

-I am going to continue to dominate my English class all semester long. We had our first assignment, in which we had an article to read and we were supposed to take a point from it and go our own way with it in a 5 miute presentation. We were NOT supposed to summarize the article. Well, that's what everyone did anyway. HERE'S WHAT YOU DID STUDENTS IN ENGLISH 330: The professor said to not summarize the article. So you summarized the article. That's what you did. Seriously, they are all English majors, and I was the only one who got the assignment right. And might I say, my psychological analyisis of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was a big hit, especially with the professor.

So those are the things I have resloved to do. I also have a funny quote from Jason Lamb:

-Kristen Lamb: Jason, do you want the rest of my pizza?
-Jason: EAT THE PIZZA. Seriously, who eats 9/10 of a pizza and then offers the rest to someone else. Just eat it.

I would also like to inform you that me and Hillary Evans are friends again. You see, she called me a "goofball" a while ago, and that didn't sit too well with me. But I have forgiven her, and we are best friends now. Right Hillary?

I leave you now with a song that I really like by one of my favorite bands, Sanctus Real. The song is called Closer......

I'm not satisfied in this lifetime
I'm following you to the other side
There's nothing that can change my mind
You're all I need
You're the only tie that binds my heart
Away from you I'm falling apart
We need to be closer than we are
You're all I need

So what can I do to get closer?
I know there is more my heart can bear
I give you control 'cause I need you
To take me there

Like a bird flying south I'm seeking you out
And there's no rope that can tie me down
I'm running home, I'm a slave set free
You're all I need

I am waiting
Draw me closer
I am waiting
Make me stronger

3 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 09:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me be an assistant coach....

 
At 1/23/2006 05:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Wes, we are friends again! Forgiveness is a great thing! Glad to hear you are getting an apartment soon too! LOL Good luck with the coaching job!!!!

Peace <><

 
At 1/24/2006 09:26:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

You should resolve to write on your blog more often. People like me and D Blake need the distraction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home