Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Distractions

Justin Tapp says he wants me to post more because he needs the distraction. Well buddy, if my blog is your distraction, than you got it.

Tapp is easily distracted by such things. I have vivid memories of him "studying" for his GRE, with a highlighter in one hand and an X-Box controller in the other. Even when I would be playing the X-Box or watching TV, he would sit there watching me instead of prepping himself for the test. I would say "Shouldn't you be studying?" and he would say"I am studying." That's called denial, Tapp.

I can picture Tapp now, sitting at the computer, with his wife on the couch talking to him. She is telling him about her day; he is engrossed in my blog. She says "Honey, are you listening to me?" and he replies "I'm listening." Of course you are, Tapp. Of course you are.

So now I become an enabler to Tapp, giving him the distraction he has requested from me.

What can I say of the week up to this point? Things have been pretty mundane. Yesterday morning and afternoon was spent in class. In French we did some rediculous excercises where we got out of our seats and pretended we conduissions nos voiutures (were driving our cars). It was high school all over again. In English I listened to some dude do an article presentation in which he tried to sound way smarter than he was. I started laughing, but I looked around and saw that no one else was laughing, so I stopped. History of Jazz was uneventful. Developmental Psych was BORING, because it was the same introductory crap I have heard a dozen times now. "What is a variable?" "What is science?" Come on, seriously. Monday night was spent doing homework, with intermittent breaks for some TV watching.

This morning I was at work. I was so bored that I dustmopped the floor. Some customer (no joke) asked me if it was a good idea to change socks every day. Some lady asked me the usual question "Is this all the shoes you have?". That particular question usually doesn't bother me, but when you ask in the sense that you are implying that you have a bad selection, it is a bit irritating. I am now waiting for my history class to start. After that, my plans are as follows: call Matt and meet him at Penn Station for "2 for 1 Tuesday", call Chris and tell him I am coming over to his house, walk into Chris's house and pray that Cody has his clothes on this time, watch the rest of the UK game, watch Scrubs, watch Law & Order: SVU, then take it to the house. It should be a solid evening.

So nothing exciting has really happened this week thus far. Ah, but we have 4 more days left, something is sure to come up. I now realize that I need my own distractions. But where will I find them? Maybe I will create some for myself. Maybe my sub from The Station will be extra tasty. Maybe UK will play the best game of the season tonight. Maybe Rondo will drop 81 points on the Tigers. Maybe Cody will be naked when I arrive at his house this evening. Maybe Scrubs will be even more hilarious than usual. Maybe Stabler will slap the crap out of somebody tonight. I must keep hope alive.

So here's to you, Distractions of Life. Thanks for giving me happiness from the smallest and most unimportant things in life. I'm a simple man, and I'm glad you recognize that.

I hope, Tapp, that this was distracting enought for you, as well as the rest of the readers. Ironically, it was for me, as I should probably be reading or something. Have a pleasant evening and a swell Wednesday.

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 12:08:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

Thanks!
In defense of myself, it was the GMAT, and I did study about 3-4 hours a day at the library for 3-4 weeks. Studying at home just doesn't work for me.
Wes was playing Jedi Knights at the time which was like watching an interactive movie. This experience enriched my life.

BTW-- I got my brother-in-law addicted to NCAA '05 during our 3 day binge over New Years. Last I heard, he was taking EKU to the top. (I've found that whatifsports.com has a similar dynasty simulation which you play online against others... u start in Div-III and work your way up. This is all I think about).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home