Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bill Meck: Weather Wonderman or Demon of Destruction?

Some 'tween-final notes:

-My last final is in about 3 hours. I had one at 8 this morning also. Let me tell you why 8 am finals are no darn good: it is way too early to be recalling important information. But I think I did OK on my exam anyway.

-Remember in my last post when I said Tubby needs to not "shove a peg into a hole in which it doesn't fit?" I was real proud of that analogy. Well, yesterday I go to catspause.com only to find that someone there had stolen my analogy, calling UK's dilemma a "square peg vs. round hole". Needless to say, I am upset.

-Speaking of those square pegs and round holes, there was an interesting article in the Herald-Leader today about how uncomfortable Rajon Rondo was in Tubby's offense right now. His old high school coach says that he (Rondo) feels Tubby is kind of holding Rondo back by not playing a more up-tempo style, thus throwing to waste many of Rondo's talents and abilities. Rondo was under the impression that UK would be playing a faster style game this season after a conversation with Tubby this summer. But that only lasted for 2 games or so.

I totally agree on this point: Rondo is the best player on your team. You must, MUST play toward his strengths this year. Last year, you had Morris down low to draw defenders and create open looks. This year, you have no big man, but you have Rondo who can create and drive, thus drawing defenders and creating open looks.

-Total predicted snowfall for the past two weeks in Lexington: approx. 13 inches.
Actual total snowfall the past two weeks in Lexington: approx 3/4 inch.

This only proves my theory that meteorology is a bunch of hooey.

-Speaking of meteorology, Bernadette Maddox, WLEX-18 weathergirl has accepted a position at a TV station in Baltimore. Why does this matter, you ask? I'll tell you why: Bill Meck now has total and absolute control over the MaxTrack Doppler Radar. Sure, Meck has been chief meteorlogist for quite some time now. But Bernadette always kept his power in check. But now Bill has no one holding him back, and at last he shall establish his reign of terror upon our city via the MaxTrack. Disguised as a "radar", it is secretly an instrument of destruction. Buildings will crumble. Fires will rage unchecked all over the city. And all the while Bill Meck will sit upon his throne, cackling with glee, for he knows that once the MaxTrack, the true MaxTrack, has descended upon the earth, no one can withstand it's power.

-Aaron Carter is doing a commercial for Wal-Mart (I think it is Wal-Mart, could be Target). Either way, HERE'S WHAT YOU DID AARON CARTER: You used to be a teenage pop sensation. But you're not, and you're career fell apart. So now you did a Wal-Mart commercial. That's what you did.

-I am excited: new episodes of Scrubs start on Jan. 3. Let the Tuesday night festivities begin recommence.

-If you want my opinion on the subject of canceling church on Christmas Sunday, see Rachel Russel's comment on Justin's blog.

-RIP Water's Edge. We shared some fond memories. But alas, can no longer throw up the "W" in support and adoration. However, I still stick with my guns in saying that, if Troy had only had a little more personality on stage, they could have gone world-wide. If only you had worn that cowboy hat, or the Wu-Tang Clan shirt. If only you had jumped off the 15 foot speaker stack a few times. If only you had smashed a few guitars. If only you would have let your hair grow out. If only you had ripped your white T-shirt off at a few shows. I guess the "if-onlys" are all we will ever have.

5 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think we are in for at least one decent snowfall this winter.

 
At 12/14/2005 01:14:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

as previously mentioned on my blog, during the 4th of July weekend, Aaron Carter performed a free show in the parking lot of Spartanburg's mall.

 
At 12/14/2005 02:35:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

Agree... I look for the Cats to turn it loose '98 tournament-game vs.-Duke style on the Cards. oh... It's a deep burn!
I'm watching it with a friend who has HDTV. Can't wait.

BEAT LOUISVILLE

 
At 12/14/2005 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

I'll link you up Brettzky

 
At 12/14/2005 04:06:00 PM, Blogger Justin said...

that rachel russell is a smart one...I a preparing my TV too for the game saturday, my only fear is that KY could lose by the greatest margin ever to the Ville. Just my prediction. And do not tell me it is not possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home