Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Break And Other Thoughts

Hello all, I hope that everyone had a fantastic Spring Break. I had the opportunity to go to New Orleans with fellow college group members to mud-out houses that were hit hardest by Hurricane Katrina. What an amazing sight it was to see first-hand what the storm did to the entire region....the pictures you see on TV just don't tell the whole story. It was hard work and I missed the opening round of the NCAA tourney, but I don't have any regrets. I learned a lot and hopefully by our work lives were touched and God was glorified. I commend all of you who went for the hard-work you put in and the good attitudes you kept for the duration of the trip....I know it was hard sometimes, lack of sleep will do that to ya.

I look forward to this weekend as Chris and I will be teaching the 9th/10th grade boys for Desciple Now weekend at Porter. I am excited to get to spend time with promising young men such as John Bailey Jr. I got to hang out with his dad, the one and only John "Boss" Bailey Sr. on the trip. Needless to say that man is now one of my favorite people. I see Little John (no pun intended HA HA HA) a lot at the mall when I am a work, he always struts up to me and says hi at work. It should be an interesing weekend......

I've got nothing else to say except that I am thinking about selling my XBox so if anyone (Tapp) is interested I might just dump it off on you (Tapp) for the right price. Of course I would include for you (Tapp) all the games I have if you (Tapp) want them.

Hopefully soon I will have something interesting to talk about, but until then I bid you all a pleasant day.

4 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 06:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SELL the X-Box!?!?!?!?

Never thought I would see the day...

 
At 3/23/2006 09:22:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

I've been waiting for this day to come.... X-Box... I can feel its power. We could just keep it in storage until summer...

I've been thinking. What if you imported a whole bunch of I-AA teams into the game, and replaced most of the Texas teams (except the big ones like UT and A&M). That way the few remaining Texas schools would have a huge advantage in recruiting.

You could make sure Baylor turns into a powerhouse, and then go coach some other weak team in Deleware. But, the Texas teams will always be a bigger challenge to beat because they'll be huge and their computer recruiting would be better than ever before by default....

 
At 3/23/2006 04:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you trying to do to my husband, wes?! sure, when he lived with you he didn't have anything else to do... but now he has a job and school!!!! not to mention a lovely wife who needs attention now and then! come on! give us a break!!!

*sigh* i guess i'm just going to have to learn how to play the x-box with him...

 
At 3/23/2006 06:03:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

You hear that, fellas????That's "permission granted."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home