Friday, February 03, 2006

Vacation

So today I am sitting in my English class where we sit a t around table and discuss various meanings of books and what not. My mind tends to drift in this class, probably because the people in it try to sound way smarter than they are actually capable of being. Today I was thinking about vacations (for whatever reason), both past and future. I came up with a list of a few that stood out in particular:

-Spring Break '01: Dave, Troy and I go with Troys family to Gulf Shores. Smitty meets up with us. Shennanigans ensue. Smitty steps on a barnacle. Dave falls off a chair. Madlibs. Troy gets 3rd degree sunburn and complains the rest of the trip. Troy drive like an idiot and gets yelled at by Ray. Ray tells Try he is going to sew his but shut if he doesn't stop farting.

-Spring Break '02: The return to Gulf Shores sans Dave. Babaloes. Bhatigators. Beezer. Middle school girls flirting with Troy. Somehow getting roped into speaking at the local church's youth group (how did that happen again?). Me putting too much Sun-In in my hair. going to a local high schools's talent show. And, of course, Shanta (yeeeeeeaaaahhhh booooyyyyyy!!!!!).

-Cedar Point Trips '02-04: Coopers, Whereles, Woodyards, Soks, Dave, Jason, Eric Orr. Am I forgetting anyone? John Wherle rides MilFo with us. Troy gets dysentery. A bird craps in Troy's mouth (Troy seems to get the short end of the stick on every vacation). Me and Eric scare little kids from getting on rides. Brandon steals his parents car.

-Hunting Island: Me, Taylor, Evan, Bryce, Dave, Troy, Jason. Everybody gets mad at each other for various petty reasons. Baseball on the beach. My fabulous burgers. Site 41. Lightshouse guard.

I'm sure more stuff happened on these trips, this is just all that recall at the moment. What was your favorite part?

6 Comments:

At 2/04/2006 01:48:00 PM, Blogger SMITTY said...

oh my goodness...SHANTA

What about Stump?

 
At 2/04/2006 03:39:00 PM, Blogger troy said...

#1 .. he said he would glue my but shut... not sew... sewing is for girls... my dad isn't a girl... he could beat your dad up

#2 you ran the cedar point trips together. I was on the trip with mr wehrle riding milfo... but eric orr was the year after... as was brandon bending over in front of girls... I wasn't there

#3 I dodn't remember middle school girls flirting with me


Just a few clarifications

 
At 2/04/2006 04:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot about me throwing up at site 41.....

 
At 2/05/2006 01:13:00 PM, Blogger SMITTY said...

yeah...i didn't what to bring it up because i loved the post so much...but you did mess up the first trip to gulf shores. I didn't rip my foot open with a barnacle and get 22 stiches that trip...it was the trip before with my family.

and you didn't mention mike bowman...what a cat.

 
At 2/05/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

My apologies John. I must have miscounted.

Troy, if you notice I put '02-'04 next to Cedar Point because I could not remember what happened on which year.

Smitty, the year you hurt your foot you were with your family, but you came and hubg out with us anyway didn't you?

 
At 2/07/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

Gulf Shore favorite memory: the late-night, stern look of rebuke from Troy's Mom when she got out of bed to settle the down the rowdy boys.

Cedar Point favorite memory: Standing in line with John Wehrle, waiting to ride Mantis. John was timing how long it took from the time the train left the station to the time it returned. I turned to John and said, "John, I have no idea what you do for a living, but I'm guessing you're either an engineer or an accountant." His response: "I'm an accountant."

Hunting Island favorite memory: I said something was "in the back of the truck." Wes, irritated, looked at me and said, "Why do you keep calling it 'the truck'? It's a jeep."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home