Tuesday, February 07, 2006

'06 Movies


I know last summer I declared pubicly that I was forever going to ban Hollywood. Since then I have somewhat retracted that statement, although I am much more selective about what I go tho the theater to see. Anyway, there are a few good movies on deck this year that I am at least a little excited about seeing. Here's my preview:


Lady in the Water

Wes's Level of Excitement: Strong to Very Strong

-I love M. Night Shyamalan, what can I say? His newest film comes out this July, and I eagarly anticipate it. From the plot description it is hard to tell what it is going to be about, but from what I gather it looks interesting. Read about it here.

16 Blocks

Wes's Level of Excitement: Moderately Strong to Strong

-This is one of those movies that takes place over a very short period of time, is very intense. Bruce Willis is a stud. Remember that time in Die Hard when he walked on glass? That was awesome. Anyway, read about it here.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Wes's Level of Excitement: Moderately Strong to Strong

-Why do we love pirate movies? I'll tell you why: there's lots of sword fightin', bar fightin', swashbucklin', dudes with hooks, eyepatches, ghosts, drunks, and pirate hookers. Of that doesn't spell "Good Movie", then I must be nuts. Plus, the first one was, good so this one should be as well. Yarrrr, 'ere lies the preview ye scumbucket.

Unknown White Male

Wes's Level of Excitement: Moderately Strong to Strong

-I like documentaries, too. This movie is a documentary about a dude who wakes up on Coney Island with no idea who he is. Sounds like it vould be interesting, and movies that don't get a lot of media exposre tend to be better than the hyped-up ones. Read more here.

Phat Gilrz

Wes's Level of Excitement: Non-existent to strongly non-existent

-I only put this on here for comic relief. When I saw the title, I laughed out loud. Don't think I'll be seeing this one. Now, if it were called Phat Grillz instead, I might be interested. Sorry, I couldn't phind a photo phor it either.

Mission: Impossible III

Wes's Level of Excitement: Mildly Strong to Moderately Strong

-The first Mission: Impossible was great. The second.....well, not so good. What will the third movie hold in store for us? Who knows, Tom Cruise is one crazy fool. See how crazy he will be in the upcoming sequel here.

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 09:36:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

have you checked out all the trailers at the quicltime website...they look pretty stinking awesome...
Here are a few of my favorites...
Da Vinci Code
V for Vendetta
Pirates of the Carribean II
Joeux Noel (Merry Christmas)
MI:III
X-Men III
Inside Man
Dirty
Miami Vice
Superman Returns

Here is another site where you can find out what is hitting the theaters...http://film-releases.com

 
At 2/22/2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger MW said...

Boycott Hollywood? Give me a break ::eye roll::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home