Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Review Is Back

Let's get it:

-Well UK played their opening basketball game tonight, and while it wasn't the pretiest game ver played they got the job done, beating the South Dakota State Jackrabbits 71-54. Tommorow night: Lipscomb.

-After watching tonight's game, all I could think was......HERE'S WHAT YOU DID SOUTH DAKOTA STATE: You needed a mascot for your school. So you picked the jackrabbit. That's what you did.

-When was the last time we saw a UK basketball and football victory in the same weekend? Enjoy this moment, usually UK football is losing in November. I'm with John in that Rafael Little should be SEC Player of the Week after he put up 370 all-purpose yards against Vandy. Needless to say, without Little, UK is 0-9.

-In other news, the big flag football tournament took place this weekend. Our team lost both of our games, but at least we had fun doing it. In our defense, both of our QB's were unable to play, so we were kind of left in a quandry. I think everyone on our team played QB at some point.

-This question was posed to me this week: if someone were to make a movie about your life, what actor/actress would you want playing your part? An interesting question, no doubt. But after careful deliberation, I decided on 3 possible candidates:

1) Christopher Walken
2) Tom Hanks
3) Denzel Washington

What about you?

-I had the pleasure of hanging out with high schoolers from church tonight, and might I say it was quite refreshing. I even heard that a few high schoolers visit Cooperstown occasionally. So in order to appeal to said high schoolers, I thougt I would share one of my many high school memories:

- One time I was in the library, just gettin' my study on, when I went to go get on the computer for a second. Well instead of walking around the chairs I stepped over them, because I didn't want to walk all the way around them. Turns out the librarian saw me, so she comes over and tries to kick me out of the library. For stepping on a chair. I was all like "What? I just put one foot on the chair, and you are gonna kick me out of the school library for that? " Then I told her that the least amount of distance between two points is a straight line, and that all I was doing was applying the principles of geometry that I had learned, but she wasn't buying it. She made me leave. For stepping on a chair. So I pretty much went outside in the hall for about a minute, then came back in, cause I wasn't gonna let her ruin my education. Librarians are haters.

-The 'Eric Walters Tells It Like It Is" of the Week: So my friend Shelly picks up this candle in the shape of a mug with hot cocoa in it, and.....

Shelly: Is this what I think it is?
Eric: It's a candle.

Needless to say, the boy calls it like he sees it.

-Pray for Eric this week, as he is having brain surgery Tuesday. I tried to convince him to get a computer chip put in his head while they were in there, but he wouldn't have it.

-Song of the Week: Easier Than Love by Switchfoot

-I don't know whats been going on, but I've been getting dissed a lot lately. It all started a few months ago when I went to Cheddar's. As I was going in I opened the door for these two young ladies. Now what normally happens in that situation? They say "Thank you". What really happened? They laughed at me. Laughed at me. I nearly said "Forget you" and shut the door in their face, but I didn't, because I'm a nice guy. Don't let anyone ever tell you that nice guys always win, because it's not true.

7 Comments:

At 11/14/2005 01:11:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

I think Cheddar's girls are in a different social class than Applebee's girls. This has been my observation. It holds true here in Waco also.

 
At 11/14/2005 02:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think jon heder would play the role of "me"

 
At 11/14/2005 04:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would want actor/extra wes cooper to play the role of me

 
At 11/15/2005 06:12:00 AM, Blogger SMITTY said...

will smith

 
At 11/15/2005 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Ashlie said...

where are you in elizabethtown anywho?

 
At 11/16/2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger d blake said...

i think i would be best played by Jason Alexander (for those who don't know, "George Costanza" from Seinfeld).

 
At 11/21/2005 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

although it makes no sense i'd like to be played by the bill and ted era keneau reeves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home