Friday, October 21, 2005

REM

I had this dream last night that I must tell you about. So me and some girl who I don't know were in this house, and it was all dark and stuff, when all the sudden Freddy Krueger showed up and started chasing us around. So eventually we ended up upstairs hiding behind a corner, knowing that Freddy was around the corner waiting for us. So normally what one would do at this point would be to find a way out of the house. Well the girl who was with me didn't want to do that, she wanted to stay and take Freddy out. She was like "Ok, let's jump around the corner and tackle him", but I was like "Doesn't he have 6-inch metal spikes coming out of his hands or something like that? I think we are a little outmatched here." But before I could get a response she had jumped around the corner, yelling and screaming, trying to tackle Freddy. Poor girl, she never had a chance. The next image I saw was of Freddy looking around the corner at me and grinning. Then I woke up.

Now I have never seen a Freddy Krueger movie, but I believe the whole idea of the story is that Freddy can give you nighmares and then he makes them become reality (please correct me if I am way off base here). Well as soon as I woke up, it was about 4 a.m. and it was dark, and I had to go to the bathroom. So I got up and went to the bathroom. As I was doing this I was thinking "Doesn't Freddy give you the nightmare, then show up and kill you or something? Shouldn't I be a bit concerned here?" I started to get a bit worried. Then I thought "Oh man, I flushed the toilet. He knows I'm awake now. I bet he likes to kill you when you're awake. Why would mutant serial killer who murders for fun want to kill me in my sleep?"

It's funny that at 4 a.m. I was able to analyze the entire situation, but forgot that Freddy Krueger doesn't exist. I even tried to tell myself that but a part of me just wasn't buying it. Fortunately I was so tired that as I debated this in my mind, I fell back asleep.

I know D. Blake has said it before, but dreams are cool. Especially when you know what really goes on when you dream. Did you know that everyone dreams whether they remember it or not? Did you know that you average 4-6 dreams a night? Do you know why you often feel like your legs are made of lead when you are running in a dream? It's because you are actually in a state of paralysis when you are asleep. You can't move your legs while you sleep, which carries over to sensations in your dreams. You know those dreams where you realize its a dream, and you can control what is happening? Those are called lucid dreams: you are actually partially concious when you are having one of these dreams. Did you know there is a rare disorder out there where people just start having dreams while they are awake? How freaky would that be? Pretty cool stuff, no doubt.

7 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 01:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you learning about interpretation of dreams in your classes at all, or about predicting the future through your dreams?

 
At 10/21/2005 07:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

freddy exists only in dreams and thats where he kills you...if you die in your dream, you die in real life. if you can wake up, he's powerless.

i think.

 
At 10/22/2005 08:35:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

all i know is that you and i had the same dream that one night where i tried to stab you...that was pretty freaky

 
At 10/22/2005 11:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey what makes people sleepwalk? i am sure that i learned it last year but Bullock was so boring... i'd wake up around 3:15pm every class when it was time to go...

 
At 10/23/2005 12:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who cares!? nobody.

 
At 10/23/2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger SMITTY said...

this reminds me of the fresh prince song, "Nightmare on My Street." Great Song.

thanks for calling me back wes...anyway, do you remember the white b-ball player that played for either duke, maryland, or indiania that had the funny last name that started with a "B".

 
At 10/23/2005 04:42:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

I was at work all day, I tried calling you last night fool, don't hate. His name was Steve Bosche and he played for Kansas, remember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home