Sunday, October 09, 2005

Kid Are The Greatest

Well it took long enough but it seems Fall is finally here to stay. That old familiar Autumn scent has been in the air the past few days and nights, marking the arrival of the greatest time of the year. Time to bust out the hoodies, jackets and other assorted Fall paraphenalia. And as Dustin decreed tonight at dinner, the Autumn shall henceforth be known as the "Autumn of Jazz". Autumn Leaves by Miles Davis anyone? Anyone? So as we usher in this glorious season, let's look back at this week, as well as look forward to the week ahead.....

-Another solid showing by the Cats at S. Carolina. Here's an equation for you: 4 straight turnovers + being outscored 93-37 in two games + same old excuses = time for a new coach.

-Rumor has it that former UK football assistant Tony Franklin is coming out with new allegations that UK paid Tim Couch to come to UK.

-Alas, the Red Sox fell in the division series. I thought that they would win game 3, but when you have bases loaded and no outs and you can't even score one run, you might as well pack your bags.

-Finally, FINALLY able to go to Wendy's with Dustin. It's nice to be back, man.

-Song of the Week: "I Think They Like Me" by Dem Franchize Boyz

-In case you haven't heard Troy has a new plan called the "Get A Girl A Month Plan", where he will attempt to pursue a new young lady every month, heedless of caution or care. The question is, who's it gonna be this month Woody III? Who's it gonna be?

-Well I guess nows as good a time as ever to mention that Troy struck out at the softball game this week. So it is only fitting for me to say HERE'S WHAT YOU DID TROY: You got six pitches in a softball at-bat, and you didn't swing at any of them, so you struck out looking. That's what you did.

-And from there we must move on the ever-popular TROY WOODYARD "QUOTE OF THE WEEK: It's actually more of a brief phone conversation......

Troy: So what are you doin tonight?

Wes: Well I figured I'd come over to the house before the game...

Troy: OH CRAP......There's an anthill in my house!

Wes: What?

Troy: Actaully it's right on the outside of the house.

Wes: I guess that's not as bad as it being in your house.

Troy: I'm 'bout to bust out a can of Raid, you know what I'm sayin?

Wes: Yeah, you do that.

(brief silence)

Wes: So, yeah, I guess I'm coming over then.

Troy: (more silence follwed by...) I'm a stone cold killer man! I'm a stone cold killer! (I later found out he was Raiding the ants at this point)

Wes: Alright man, I'll see you later then.

-This is the conversation I had with an 8 year old kid at work:

Me: So how did your soccer game go?

Kid: Well it was good but you see I got the ball this one time and I was dribbling and I kicked it and and and it hit the post and then I got kicked in the face with the ball and then I had to go out of the game but then I came back in and then I almost scored again but this one kid kept tripping me so then I had a free kick but I missed and then I got to throw the ball in but they stole it back and then we won 1-0.

This is why I like kids. I asked him a question. He gave me an answer.

So then that was the week past. Now to look into the week ahead.....

-This is an exciting week for me, as Elizabethtown opens in theaters on Friday. You better believe that's where I will be Friday night. If anyone wishes to join me for the viewing you are welcome to do so, but let me know because I will be getting tickets on Thursday. Let's just hope my scene didn't get cut. Oh, and FYI ladies (and Andy) I will be shirtless in my scene so try to to hoot to loud. I know it's hard but try to restrain yourselves.

-Matt and I are going to the Gorge on Saturday for some Fall hiking action, so once again the invitation is extended to any who wish to go. It's gonna be tight.

-Two words: Midnight Madness.

-Two more words: UK NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPS 2006.

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 01:07:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

I'll be very disappointed if UK doesn't win it all this year. I mean, we're not as loaded as we could be, but we're still better off than anyone else. I will not settle for more Elite-8 mediocrity.

 
At 10/10/2005 04:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm liking the sound of those last four words... i just wish that sean may still played for carolina so shagari could eat his lunch!!! oh well, bradley (aka "don't mess with me cause you know where i'm from") will be straight domination this year!

 
At 10/10/2005 04:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cross that bridge and its game over

 

Post a Comment

<< Home