Thursday, October 20, 2005

Housekeeping

Lend me your ears, fellow readers, comrades, and anonymous commenters, I have some business to attend to. It has come to my attention that a recent post about fads and some other posts may have been a bit offensive to some of the patrons of Cooperstown. Please understand that there was no ill will here toward any person or group of people, and that I offer my most sincere applogies to any who took offense. I meant no harm. These posts were simply a "looking back and remebering how funny that was" kind of thing and not a "Wes thinks you are a bad person because you gave in to a fad" thing. I was also kind of in a bad mood when I wrote them too, so some may have come off a little harsh. I am not here to make fun of you, and any "poking fun" is done in good humor because there is not a person who reads this blog who I don't love to death. And I am not just saying that, you can take that to the bank and cash it, cause it is real. If anything I want this blog to make people like each other more, not cause petty tiffs and quarrels as many did in the past.

And please note that any cynicism/sarcasm is directed at our culture, and not at specific people. When I make fun of those snowboots, I only do it because I don't get fashion, not because I think any less of a girl who chooses to wear them. I think most of you understand this, but I just want to make sure no toes are getting stepped on here, because I'm all about that love, baby.

So here is my proposal to you: I will try harder to be sensitive to others feelings. Here is what I ask of you: that you do the same. If you make a comment, keep it clean, and think before you write. Don't say something that you will regret. Now of course there are times when we will poke fun of each other. I am going to make fun of Troy every time he strikes out looking in softball, because I know he knows it is all in good fun, and that we all suck at softball. If you must know I make a fool of myself everyday. Like the time I drove my car into a tree in the parking lot because I accidently hit the accelerator instead of the brake. I have followed fads before. I have asked stupid questions. I have said stupid things. It's all good, my babies. Again, my appologies to any who may have taken offense; we are all friends here and I've got nothing but love. So with all that said, we still have some more business to attend to.

There is going to be some restructuring here at Cooperstown. There will be fewer posts where I deliver random thoughts, and a little bit more organization. Here's my plan for the new and improved Cooperstown:

-Move all random thoughts to "What I Think/What I Know" format (did I really just say that? Man I really am a nerd.)
-Continue CD and film reviews
-Keep HERE'S WHAT YOU DID
-Continue with the weekly review
-Continue with "Hey, remember when...."
NOTE: This does not mean that there won't be the occasional post that doesn't fit this format. Those will most likely be editorials and the like, such as the bit I wrote about Halloween, and the one about alcohol use. These formats may also be combined if needed as well.

So that's about it I guess. We'll at least try this for a while and see how it goes. I think it will turn out better for all in the long run. If you are not completely satisfied with your Cooperstown experience, please let me know. And remember, if you are ever feeling stupid and down on yourself, at least you know that the Greek word for fellowship is coininea......

6 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 01:11:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

kudos my friend

 
At 10/21/2005 08:14:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

"When I make fun of those snowboots, I only do it because I don't get fashion, not because I think any less of a girl who chooses to wear them"

I think that's a lie. Let's be honest, you really do think less of a girl if she wears snowboots. I know I do.

 
At 10/21/2005 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Actually I know a couple girls who wear them and I don't think any less of them.

 
At 10/21/2005 10:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are they hot?

 
At 10/21/2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Wes said...

You all are some shallow individuals

 
At 10/21/2005 05:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home