Sunday, October 23, 2005

I've Already Got An iPod, So I'm Pretty Much Set

Better take notes, it's review time:

-So this week in UK football.........aahhh screw it.

-This week in UK basketball, RONDOMINATION!!!!!!! Yeah baby, that's my
slogan for the new season. See, I mixed RONDO and DOMINATION together. Because Rondo dominates. Now I didn't see the scrimmage on Saturday, but wordon the street os that Rondo was drilling 3's left and right on his way to a cool 33 points. If that's the case, I predict an undefeated season. So go ahead and pick us to lose to garbage teams like you did last year, Digger Phelps. Go ahead a rank us preseason 18th. All I have to say is, watch out for the Cats in March. And November, and December, and January, and February.

-So what's funny is that on catspause.com on Saturday the basketball scrimmage was the top story over the football game. Thataway, Rich Brooks. Way to hold on to that fan support.

-If you are interested in getting a "Troy Woodyard Marriage Campaign '07" T-shirt, talk to me or Hagan. We'll probably set up a stand over at the Campaign Headquarters on Joshua Circle.

-Mark your calenders: this Christmas break, we're gonna throw down all 3 Lord of the Rings movies in a row. Who's with me? Huh? Huh? I said who's with me?

-Here's my take on the whole "giving away of the iPod" on high-attendance Sunday: to be perfectly honest with you, I have no problem it and here's why.....most lost college students aren't coming to church on their own just because they want to hear about God. I say any motivation to get them there is fine. And, as a friend of mine pointed out, if one lost soul gets saved because they came thinking they could win an iPod, then who really cares? Do you think God cares? Do you think that God would hold that against us? I don't, but thats just my opinion....

-So I know you've all been dying to know what I'm going to be for the highly anticipated Halloween party this weekend....well here's what I've decided on: I'm throwin on the old soccer jersey and the short shorts and goin as international soccer superstar Kenny "The Juice" Bruce. OK, so I'm not really going as Kenny, was just using it as an excuse for a shout out to K.B. Holla atcha boy, Kenny....

-My real costume? I choose my costumes based on the comfort factor. I don't want a bothersome costume to annoy me all evening. My original idea (actaully it was Hagan's) was to be an iPod. But that would require wearing a large box all night. I'm not down with that. Anyway, I'm only gonna tell you this about my costume: it's gonna be hot. You know I make anything look good.

-So now that I a supposed to help plan socials for the college department, here's my first idea: getting involved with a fraternity. I suggest Tappa Kegga Day.

-Hats off to Derek (I don't know his last name, just met the guy) for letting us come over Sunday after church Sunday. Not only that, but he payed for the pizza himself. That's love right there.

-Eric Walters Misconstrual of the Week: So I give good old Erci a ride home tonight, and here's what transpired....


-Eric: Who is this? (referring to the music in the car)
-Wes: Fountains of Wayne

-Eric: Who?

-Wes: FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE
-Eric: Fountains of Wang?!?!?!?!?
-Wes: (hysterical laughter)

-Song of the week: You're Just Never Satisfied by Fountains of Wayne


-Wes's Advice For The Week: "Spinners don't just spin by themselves, you have to be the one who gets 'em spinnin' "

11 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 01:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again, Ramel goes unnoticed...

he's gonna drop 25 before anyone else does, I guarantee that!

 
At 10/24/2005 01:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

during the season that is...

 
At 10/24/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

ESPN has Boston College ranked ahead of Kentucky. Louisville too. Both of those are jokes, Pitino is talking his team of mostly freshmen up like they'll be as good as last year's group. That's hype Andy Katz, and you fell for it.

Rondomination's farewell tour should be sweet.
I know no one cares if Morris is back of not, but I do. He's tall and can help plug the middle, and if nothing else he is 5 more fouls to give in a game.

I will accept nothing less than a Championship this season.

 
At 10/24/2005 02:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes thank you so much for giving me some memories of Eric. I needed that. Miss ya man, and I can't wait to see you at Christmas.

 
At 10/24/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Tapp, as always you are right on the money. However I say this: Tubby's teams always perform better when they get no respect (example 2003 game in Rupp against #1 Florida). Some other bogus teams ranked ahead of UK in some "experts" pre-season polls: Memphis, Gonzaga, Indiana, Arizona, Stanford, Iowa, Maryland.
My top 5: Duke, Michigan State, UK, UCONN, Villanova.

P.Chase, thanks for the comment buddy. Hope all is well out in CA, tell Sarah I said hi.

Hagan, you are an idiot.........I JUST KEEEEEEDING!!!!!!! :)

 
At 10/24/2005 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Ashlie said...

If you were to dress up as an ipod, what song would you be playing?

 
At 10/24/2005 06:21:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

the tapp "that's hype" comment that still makes me stand in amazement of him...

when cincinnati traded for ken griffey jr years ago, tapp said "it's all just hype."

a modern-day seer he is.

 
At 10/24/2005 06:34:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

I would probably be on "shuffle" so could play a good variety of songs

 
At 10/25/2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

few questions...

1. Whats wrong with Troy calling his shots? I think he has more balls then anyone I have known.

2. Why wait till Christmas break for the LOTR celebration?

3. Why do we have a high attendence sunday anyway?

4. Why do the lost have to come to the church when most wont? Why not Go to campus and do something with them there? I think it is a great idea get a person to church, where they will never come in the first place under the guise of winning material objects, and then turn around and try to convert them, when all they only care about are the chicks and the iPod. Why mask what your trying to do? Just name it, "Come to Church We Will Make You a Number Sunday"?
Or even better, "We Really Lack the Desire to Go to the Campus and Tell You About Christ, So Get out of Your Comfort Zone and Come to A Place You Would Normally Never Darken the Doors to Sunday."

 
At 10/25/2005 06:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i have is one big AMEN to you, justin tapp.

 
At 10/26/2005 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wes Cooper for President, 2024!"
~The Juice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home