Friday, May 12, 2006

On Pam and Jim Kissing

Kristy B. asks what I thought about the season finale of The Office last night:

2006 may go down as the most drama-filled year for NBC shows. Capping it off last night was the season finale of The Office, where Jim confesses to Pam that he is in love with her, but she says she is sorry and that "she can't", and that she is sorry that she caused Jim to "misinterpret their friendship". The next scene then cuts to Pam at home talking to her mother on the phone 10 minutes later, and as she hangs up, Jim appears, and then they smooch. And then the season ends!!!!

I'm happy Jim got his feelings out in the open, but how can NBC end the season on that note? I can't wait all summer to see what happens! What did the kiss mean? Is Pam going to break off her engagement to that chump? Are we going to find out what happened after they kissed? HOW IN THE HECK COULD PAM ACT TOWARD JIM THE WAY SHE DID AND THEN ACCUSE HIM OF MISINTERPRETING THEIR FRIENDSHIP?!?!?!? That's just rediculous.

My heart goes out to poor Jim. And now he is considering transferring to another branch, but won't know for sure till next season. It's going to be a long summer.

8 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 02:43:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

That ending scene was probably the best-acted and closest thing to reality that I've ever seen on TV. It made me angry.

Wes, if you've never had a girl tell you "Oh, I think you're great, but you're my best friend. You've misinterpreted our relationship. I'm sorry, I guess it's my fault," than you will one day. I promise you. EVERY GIRL DOES THIS. And then probably 50% of them go back and call their mom or their girlfriend and say "I just don't know..." because they really don't know what they want, or are afraid of how they really feel. Just like Pam.

I don't know, and I don't know. But, now that we sort of have a love-triangle thing, I fear for the future of the show. The tension between Pam and Jim are what kept us going. Now that that has popped, how can it be funny anymore?

Michael was clearly the winner last night.

 
At 5/12/2006 02:44:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

--Other than all that, I thought it was hilarious. Dwight needs his own show.

 
At 5/12/2006 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Liz Waters said...

I didn't think Pam was at home, I thought she'd gone up to the office to use the phone.

 
At 5/12/2006 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Jon Canler said...

Somebody better have taped it cause I missed it while making hospital visits.

 
At 5/13/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/13/2006 12:48:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

Pam was definitely at the office.

BTW-- We can learn a lot from Jim. He did everything right in this episode.

 
At 5/13/2006 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JTapp...gotta love the BTW usage. I didn't get to watch the episode, just reading the blog. But atleast Jim finally got it out there...and don't hate on the girls!

 
At 5/15/2006 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your posting on this all-too-important issue. I am just dying to know what is going to happen. I hate when TV shows do this to me. It is crazy!
Even if something does end up happening where Jim and Pam hook it up and all the tension is gone, I think Dwight is still the funniest ever, and that is enough to keep me tuned in each week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home