Monday, April 24, 2006

On a variety of topics

ON WHAT HAPPENED IN ENGLISH CLASS TODAY: Well I had to give that girls paper her review, so when it came time for my turn, I took a deep breath and said "Look, I'm just gonna be brutally honest with you here. You're paper was really hard to read. I mean I know you are trying to make your paper creative and all, and you have a really good idea, but all this is is a pychological evaluation from a character in the book. I felt like I was reading a lab report. A really long lab report. I'm a psychology major, so this stuff interests me and I still found it hard to read. So that's how I feel about it". Well she took it pretty well. I mean am I supposed to lie to this girl? That wouldn't do anyone any good. I hope I didn't come across too harsh on this girl.

ON WHY I HATE GROUP PROJECTS: Because they are pointless, you learn nothing. And it is extremely hard to find a time when everyone can meet. And because I feel like the university is making a point of forcing me to do a certain number of group projects before I graduate. I learned how to cooperate with my peers in grade school, why are they trying to teach me this again?

ON WHY I HAVE DECIDED TO STAY AT UK FOR AN EXTRA SEMESTER: Because I want to finish my business minor so I can be a well-rounded individual. I would feel like I wasted so much time taking those accounting classes if I graduated without my business minor.

ON WHY I AM ANNOYED BY WAR PROTESTERS WITH BULLHORNS: Because protesting is no longer about the war, it is about protesting because you can protest. If you want to have a rally, that's fine with me. Keep it to yourself, don't yell into a bullhorn in front of classroom building every Friday. That just makes people not like you. What gets me really upset is that according to the Kernel, when a teacher asked them to stop because it was interrupting his class, the protest leader said that his protest was more important than the teacher's class. You know what? No it's not. You just want something to argue with. And if this war ended today, I guarantee that you would find something else to protest just to protest.

ON WHY JASON LAMB IS THE FUNNIEST PERSON I KNOW: Only Lambo could go into a restaurant and, when the hostess asked for his name, give them "Myliege" as his last name. That way, when his party was called, she would say "My liege, party of 5." That's hilarious.

ON BLOG STALKERS: Apparently if you read someone's blog consistently and you have not met that person you are their "blog stalker". I would say that's not really true. I have blog stalkers: I have met them (I guess if I met them then they aren't stalkers anymore). Does it bother me? No. I wouldn't put stuff up here if I didn't want people to read it. So, MESSAGE TO "BLOG STALKERS": Keep reading, I don't mind. You are not a stalker for reading a blog and not having met that person. Just don't stare at me through my bedroom window while I am asleep.

5 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 09:00:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

I'm really disappointed you didn't ask that girl out. After you broke her spirit you could have added a "But, you know, I really like your style and..."

 
At 4/25/2006 02:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that whole watching you sleep thing. You just look so peaceful lying there. It won't happen again...at least as far as you know.

 
At 4/27/2006 04:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so an extra semester makes you well rounded? funny....i thought it was all those crossword puzzles.

 
At 4/28/2006 09:44:00 PM, Blogger SMITTY said...

good call on the war protestors

 
At 5/01/2006 12:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on more updates more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home