Sunday, October 02, 2005

Snowboots Are Back

The weekly run-down:

-Although they did not win the division, the Red Sox clinched the AL wild card, which makes me happy. Schilling looked very good in his start Sunday, which is encouraging. The only question now is whether or not the bullpen can get the job done.

-No UK football this weekend (thank goodness), but some good games nonetheless. Texas rolled, USC got a scare, and Bama crushed Florida. Hook 'em horns.

-UK basketball picks up a solid recruit in Derrick Jasper, the #5 point gaurd in the nation. Other big time recruits will be making their choices soon.

-I walked into class on Tuesday and smelled something funny, so I went over to the posted test score sheet where I saw that I had dismantled yet another test. I then realized that what I had been smelling was the sweet scent of grade domination.

-The big event at Richard's Sporting Goods this weekend was the visit of Rupert Boneham (picture) from Survivor. He signed autographs and posed for pics. He also told people that he was a pirate and yelled "AARRRGGH" really loud a lot.

-I guess one of Ruperts adoring fans was aware that Rupert was a pirate, because he came clad in a black bandana and an eyepatch.

-Here's a comment I heard made by one of our employees to a woman wishing to try on some shoes: "Well just from looking at your feet I can tell you're gonna need an extra wide shoe". Now I don't know a lot about women, but I don't think they want some dude telling them that they have a big foot. Ideally you wanna let them try on a regular width shoe and let them figure it out for themselves. That's just my opinion, though.

-At work on Saturday as I was walking around, I turn a corner and what do I behold? A young lady wearing a tank-top, a skirt, and those HIDEOUS snowboots. Either the snowboots are making a comeback, or this girl was late getting on the fashion train. Let us pray unceasing for the latter.

-As I was standing there watching people go by, one fool came walking in dressed with the following: these absurd looking sunglasses, nasty looking basketball shoes, overly large khaki pants, hat cocked to the side, and a UK football jersey that you buy from Kohl's. And he was white. And he tried to strut through the store like he was God's gift to women. My poser alarm went off immediately and I busted out laughing. I couldn't help myself. I even had to go into the back room to gather myself before returning to the floor.

- Andy and I were watching the end of the Indians/White Sox game Friday night, and so during commercials I was flipping through the channels like any normal guy. I came across the Lifetime Channel and it's sister station, Lifetime Movie Channel. The titles of the movies currently showing on these channels caught my eye, so I hit the info button to see what they were about. Here's what I saw:

Movie #1-When Husbands Cheat: A woman becomes a detective, then uses her skills to check her policeman husband's fidelity.

WAIT IT GETS BETTER................

Movie #2-Mother Knows Best: A woman finds a husband for her daughter, the decides he's not good enough and must be killed.

....This is why if you don't have satellite TV you should go out and get it RIGHT NOW! Look what you are missing!

5 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 01:23:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

I think also this weekend you and Andy called my cell with Dr. Phil. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on, but then once I got it I laughed. My wife thought it was funny too. She thought it was "immature," though.

My hypothesis is that chicks dig immature things, even though they pretend they don't. I have a lot of immature friends who married hot chicks.

 
At 10/03/2005 02:12:00 PM, Blogger troy said...

the new post is up at "woodycity" or "woodytown" or "the stuff over on troywoodyard.blogspot.com" -- The madness begins afresh.

 
At 10/03/2005 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

It was actually Chris, Dustin, Jon and I. I agree it's immature, but we all have the right to be immature every once in a while. I guess the tell-tale sign that I have grown out of such immature things is that we got bored of it after like 10 minutes, so we went and sat out on the roof.

 
At 10/03/2005 03:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe i missed rupert... are you allowed to tell who made that comment about the fat feet or is it confidential? let me know sometime...

 
At 10/09/2005 11:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a girl the other day on campus with the smow boots and the really big sunglasses. I wanted to laugh and slap her at the same time. Is that wrong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home