Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Week In Review

It was recently brought to my attention by an anonymous commenter that some of you (well at least one of you) enjoy my "What I Think/What I Know" posts, so seeing as how haven't done it in a while, I thought I would roll with it this evening.......

What I Know: I woke up this morning to find that Rich Brooks still had a job after UK was DOMINATED by an Indiana team that really shouldn't be any better than them.

What I Think: What I saw last night may have been worse than the Ohio loss of last year. I saw a team that had no fire, no passion, no drive (no pun intended). I saw UK linemen get MANHANDLED by IU players not any bigger than them. I saw passiveness on offense. I saw utter confusion on defense. I saw a team that was totally unprepared for a game. I saw not a football team, but 22 football players on a field not playing as a team. And what I saw cannot be blamed on lack of athleticism: IU does not have a more athletic team than UK (I will give the offense some slack here, they lost a lot to injury). What I saw cannot be blamed on probation. What I saw can only be blamed on coaching. Period.

What I Know: Dante Culpepper, starting QB for my Fantasy Football team, threw 6 ints and 1 TD today. Once again, strong work Dante.

What I Think: Dante will be riding the pine next week. Time for Tom Brady to suit up and throw down.

What I Know: Wes Cooper had his first test of the semester this week (Statistics)

What I Think: Wes Cooper owned that test, because, as my good friend Troy likes to say, "Wes Cooper is hard-core, that's how he rolls." Wes is hard-core, and don't you forget it.

What I Know: King of Queens begins a new season Monday night at 8 pm on CBS.

What I Think: This show is tight, if you haven't watched it before you should check it out.

What I Know: Brett Favre is my favorite player ever.

What I Think: With the Packers struggling this year, this will be it for Brett. He is one tough dude, but I think it is is time to go. I'll miss you buddy.

What I Know: "Facebook" is very popular with college kids these days.

What I Think: We need to have a talk about Facebook for a sec. Ok, here's the deal. I don't mind that you like to play on Facebook; your personal hobbies are not my business. I admit I enjoy the occasional browsing of friends and what-not on the Facebook. But do not, do NOT tell me detailed stories about any personal exploits involving Facebook. If you've got something to say about Facebook, make it brief. Long Facebook stories are not cool, man.

What I Know: I have yet to see a "Gettin' Lucky In Kentucky" shirt on campus this semester.

What I Think: It is for the better.

What I Know: We have ushers at church.

What I Think: What exactly is the verb that ushers do? Do they ush?

What I Know: Several of the young ladies in the college department live in a house down on Kastle Road. They like to refer to their house as "The Kastle".

What I Think: I refuse to call that house The Kastle. There are no stone walls. There are no catapults. There are no towers. There is no moat. It's not a castle. Tonight Sarai had her birthday party down there. After church people asked me "Hey are you going down to the Kastle?" I said "If you mean Lucy's/Erin's/Sarai's/Morgan's/Laura's house, then yes, I am going there. But don't call it the Kastle." I think all the girls down there are cool as all get out, and we can all still be good friends, but I'm not going to conform to popular culture and call it the Kastle. I don't really even have a good reason for refusing to call it such. It's kind of like Jon Canler's nickname "Can-Man". I love Jon to death, but I'm not going to call him that. So that's that. Besides, you know everyone else on that street refers to their house as the Kastle.

Allright then, that is all I've got. Not a lot, I know. I have to admit, there I've been at work a lot the past days, so not a lot has been going on worth writing about. No worries, though, things will get better. Peace out family.

4 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 09:01:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

IU's coach is in his first year. This should help dispel any notions that much time is needed for a coach to win games. IU might not win many more games, but neither will UK.

The players seem to blame the coach too, indirectly.

Favre had great #'s yesterday despite the loss.

 
At 9/19/2005 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Good point Tapp.

 
At 9/19/2005 09:40:00 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I would drop Daunte like a bad habit...lets just say word on the street is he aint got prospects.

 
At 9/20/2005 10:47:00 AM, Blogger troy said...

ushers usher.... they do not ush ... the exact qoute is "cuz im wes cooper and im hardcore" ... If you are going to quote me, then get it right... I also expect royalties

 

Post a Comment

<< Home