Wednesday, October 05, 2005

No Title

Tonight's entry has no theme. It has no point. It has no direction. I just feel the need to post something. The keyboard calls me. It has been a terrible day. Nothing bad happened really, it's just that work is really starting to annoy me. I want a real job, one that actually means something. I feel pretty lousy, I have had a terrible headache all day, the throbbing kind you get right above your eyes in the sinuses. Listening to a lecture on sample distributions didn't help either. I hope this doesn't mean a sinus infection is coming, that would not be tight. I had to skip Wendy's with Dustin tonight for the third straight week. It's been our regular Wednesday night thing, we always have good laughs and meaningful discussion. And now I feel that it has been taken away from me in a way, and can never recapture it's original charm. But maybe it can, maybe I just need to learn to be more patient with difficult people (Dustin, you are not difficult. It is, well, you know...) However that was not going to happen tonight. Maybe next week, though. But tonight I was hurtin. Came home and saw the BoSox blow a 4-0 lead. Tried to numb the pain with some NCAA 06, but the computer was feeling extra tricky tonight, and I was in no mood for it's usual cheating crap. So here I am now writing about nothing because it actually feels better than doing anything else. I'm listening to some Sinatra, which is tight. I'm glad we have Fall break this Friday, it comes at a great time. No school or work for a day. That's solid.

Everyone is allowed to have a bad day occasionaly. It got me to thinking: you know, a while back (summer of 2003 in fact) I was a pretty jovial fellow almost all of the time, for various reasons. That's not saying I'm not jovial these days, I am. Just not overly jovial as I was in the past. But I was thinking back to some specific times when people got mad at me because I was not as happy as usual. Like I was there to entertain them or something. If I didn't feel like talking someone would be like "Dude what's your problem?" and I would try to explain that I just didn't feel like it but they would just look at me funny, like I wasn't allowed to be unhappy sometimes. That made me even more upset. I don't really have a point here, it's just something that I was reminded of today. I really am a happy person. Just not today. Tomorrow will be better, though. It always is. With the new dawn anything is possible. Your life can take an unexpected turn in the blink of an eye. It is cool to think about how God is in control like that, how every little thing that has ever happened in the history of mankind was known about beforehand and blends together nicely to form a 10,000 year story. So the question then is: what if even the most minor detail in history were changed? How would it have affected the rest of history? What if the Roman or Greek Empires had never collapsed? What if Leonardo Da Vinci had chosen to be a drunken idiot instead of a genius inventor? What if Columbus' boat had sunk in a storm? What if the Indians had just unloaded a dozen quivers of arrows into the Pilgrims as soon as they set foot in America instead of showing them how to plant corn? What if the American Revolution had never happened? What if the South had won the war? What if we didn't drop the A-bomb on the Japanese? Hmmmmm.....I tell you what, I'm gonna let you think about those things.

Although this post may make no sense to you, and you may be thinking " Man I just wasted 5 minutes", it did more good for me than you know. I feel better, and that's why this blog is cool. So now I bid you all a good evening, I shall retire to my quarters now. Goodnight and God bless.

7 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Bravo Wes Bravo

 
At 10/06/2005 09:17:00 AM, Blogger d blake said...

were you very jovial during the summer of 2003 because you were in love? that's the usual culprit.

 
At 10/06/2005 09:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indians! Indians!

 
At 10/06/2005 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Not so much love, a lot of infatuation.

 
At 10/06/2005 01:29:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

I've been thinking about how your safety tipped the ball to the receiver on that last play you mentioned previously. Maybe you've set your Discipline rating too low, and the players are shaving points!
Wouldn't it be cool if on '06 they had a point spread for each game? That way you'd know something was really messed up if Louisiana Lafayette won 114-14. And your players would start getting investigated for point shaving and such.
That would be cool. I think about this stuff a lot at night. My wife asks "Honey, what are you thinking about?" and I just say "Nothing."

 
At 10/06/2005 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

No one makes me laugh quite like you Tapp.

 
At 10/07/2005 12:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smash MOUTH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home