Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Hostility Issue

Josh, I just saw your comment. Those comments I made about hostility were NOT directed at you: they were referring to a few of the people involved in the great "highest form of worship" deabte. I did read your post and I admit I took a little offense but I am still your friend. I understand that you gotta vent, and a blog is a good place to do it. I think you misunderstood my commment. Upon looking at the type of movies you liked in your profile (such as Donnie Darko) and other movies you have told me you liked, I simply assumed that you were a fan of darker movies such as Episode III. That is why I made that comment. Anyway, no hard feelings bro. As many of my other friends know, I am not quick to anger. You will have to do a lot more than that if you really want to piss me off (I suggest doing something stupid in your car like cutting me off, or being ignorant at a 4-way stop. Those things really get me going.)

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 05:07:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

josh--

i don't know you, but your comments did not come across as negative, though others' comments did. (heck, to be honest, i didn't understand half of what you said... too many commas, words, etc.). :)

 
At 6/12/2005 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Wes,

The quotes I posted on my blog were real things others have said to me that I thought were funny and coincided with the rest of my self-derogatory mock essay.

For the most part, those quotes, especially those of Jamie and Brent, have become running jokes in my life. Jamie really did introduce me to a friend of hers that way, which I thought was hilarious and we've spoken of it several times since. Yours was a passing comment that wasn't really a running gag. For that reason, I believe it was wrong of me to it on the post, and for that reason I am taking it off. I apologize for any offense I might have caused. I attempt to put some thought into my blog, so I'm a little embarrassed I would do something that inconsiderate.

For the record, it's nice to have a friend who knows me well enough to know I like some bite in my movies. Also for the record, if I was writting on my blog about someone who I really thought was a jerk (which I have) I wouldn't use their names. That's what the "Those That Are They" moniker is for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home