Thursday, June 09, 2005

What I Know/Think

Well I returned home from Honey Island, SC yesterday, and upon checking all the blogs I peruse from day to day, I saw that there was an unusual amount of activity in my absence. Unfortunatley, much of this activity appeared to be hostile and negative. I will try to avoid hostility and negativity, because I am a nice guy like that, and I don't want to lose a friend over some petty arguement. At any rate, I had a new idea for my blog today. Many of you may know Mark Story; he is a sportswriter for the Lexington Herald-Leader. I love his articles, his style, his sense of humor, and I respect him greatly becasue I think he represents what a true sportswriter should be. That's why I'm going to steal one of his ideas. It's a little column he does periodically where he states a fact (What he knows) and then gives his opinion (What he thinks). So since I have a variety of topics on my brain, it will provide a perfect medium for me to hopefully instigate some discussion. Here goes......

What I Know: Randolph Morris has entered the NBA draft without an agent, but has not contacted his coach or fellow teammates since then.

What I Think: Randolph Morris has no intention of returning to Kentucky, so fans should not get their hopes up and brace themselves for either a small lineup or the painful-to-watch play of Alleyne and Orbzut.

What I Know: Dave Blake is a swell guy.

What I Think: Dave Blake should move back to LexVegas so we can hang out more.

What I Know: The Detroit Pistons get no respect.

What I Think: The Detroit Pistons will win the NBA championship again this year. How many games where they are picked to lose do they have to win to get a little respect? There is one wrtiter on ESPN.com that picked San Antonio to win the same day that the Pistons ousted the Heat. At least analyze the matchups a little before you make your pick.

What I Know: My car has been in the shop for a week and a half and it is still not fixed.

What I Think: I think that I am pretty pissed off about that.

What I Know: There has been a big debate over whether preaching is the highest form of worship.

What I Think: Many of you know where I stand on this issue, and I will not discuss it, becasue this is not the place. However, I had this thought today: If preaching ( i.e. the actual sermon) is the highest form of worship, then why do we bother singing, tithing, witnessing, living/dying for Christ? Why don't we all just by every sermon in history on tape and listen to it all day and night? Why give God an inferior form of worship? Doesn'y he deserve the best 24/7?

What I Know: Kelly Clarkson and I were meant to be.

What I Think: Kelly needs to realize that the only way that she will truly be happy in life is if she marries me.

What I Know: There is a difference between wisdom and knowledge.

What I Think: There are an awful lot of people filling there heads with knowledge (both Biblical and secular), and yet they are none the wiser. At least their lives don't show it.

What I Know: Soccer is the fastest growing youth sport in America.

What I Think: Soccer will be big in the U.S. within the next 10 years, so get read for it. It is the most popular sport in the world, anyway. The rest of the world loves soccer not because of the high scoring but because if the beauty of the game. Besides, isn't a baseball game where the score is 2-1 the best? Or a 14-7 football game? It's all about the drama, people.

What I Know: Site 41 is better than Site 63.

What I Think: We should never leave Troy unattended like that ever again. Had he been under watchful eye by either Dave or myself, he would not have gotten the tent out prematurely and started nailing it into the ground. (For those who did not go to South Carolina, sorry. It's a Hunting Island 2005 thing, you wouldn't understand.)

4 Comments:

At 6/09/2005 09:20:00 AM, Blogger dc said...

I called Mark Story and asked him to marry you and he said yes.

 
At 6/09/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger d blake said...

i like mark story, too... i miss reading his stuff. i don't think he was doing the "what i know/think" thing while i was living in lex. i like the concept, though, and, wes, you have done a masterful job adapting it.

i enjoyed the post... especially the passionate discussion of site 41. I must, however, disagree with the fact regarding you and Kelly C because, as you may or may not know, we began dating after her recent appearance at Clemson.

 
At 6/09/2005 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly clarkson is broke...way to go troy on posting up on site 63 "prematurely" (troy just has a good sense of what is good in the world and that is site 63...props to troy)...soccer blows (enough said)...I think the only things i agree with you on is that dave blake is a swell guy, and wes i guess you are pretty swell too.

 
At 6/09/2005 05:14:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I apologize if any of my recent blogging activity came off as offensive or vindictive. I try to communictate my opinions while blunting the sharp edging that might be misconstrued as personal attacks. In terms of being hostile or negative, fish gotta swim, you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home