Monday, May 23, 2005

The Vote Is In

Well, now that school is out I've had plenty of time to think about what is really important in life....my new favorite TV show. As you may have read in the previous post, Everybody Loves Raymond, my all-time favorite show, has gone off the air. It will still remain my all-time favorite, but I need a new currently airing favorite to replace it. Anyway, many of you have given me several suggestions, and I appreciate your input. I've looked at all the positives and negatives of each candidate, and I've reached a decision. The winner by a nose is ......Scrubs; it barely beat out King Of Queens. Here's why: while King Of Queens is a great show (Kevin James is freakin hillarious), it would appear that it has already its comical peak, so to speak. I think that the producers of King Of Queens will take the same approach as Raymond and go out while their still on top instead of dragging the show on an unnecessarily long time. On the other hand, Scrubs is on the rise and a newer comedy. The potential for the show is limitless, if producers don't ruin it first. And now that the first season is out on DVD, I think more people will begin tuning in next season. As for the other candidates, here is why they did not win:
-Arrested Development: This is a hilarious show, but I miss it half the time because it comes on Sunday nights and I am either doing homework or hanging out with somebody that night. And there are rumors that it is being cancelled.
-Law & Order: SVU: A great show, but I'm not always in th mood for it. On a side note, I was watching an episode the other night when an idea for a new Law & Order show came to mind. You now how Detective Stabler and Ice-T are always rouging up suspects in an attempt to get information form them, and how they almost lose their jobs every week becasue they crossed some "moral boundary" in thier interrogation methods? Well, Stabler and Ice-T would be the perfect stars for my new show-Law & Order: Renegade Cops Unit. They would run around NYC kneecap-bustin', choke-holdin, and drive-by shootin' any fool who wouldn't give up important information. I doubt NBC would go for my idea though.
-Crossing Jordan: Another great show. It combines great drama with witty humor for a pleasant 1-hour show about medical examiners and cops in Boston. Kind of CSI meets Law & Order. However, in the season finale, one of the main characters left the show (I think) so it took a big hit. Still a good show, though.
-The Apprentice: Unfortunately, NBC has taken a good idea and ruined it. I have recieved word that the next Apprentice will be hosted by Martha Stewart. The only thing that will get me to watch the show next season will be if instead of firing contestants, Martha eats them instead.
So starting this Tuesday, me and Chris Smith will be watching episodes from the first season of Scrubs on DVD now that this season is over. And after we have wathed all 24 episodes, we will probably watch them again. Why? Becasue we're 'bout it 'bout it, that's why.

6 Comments:

At 5/26/2005 12:56:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

i still say (along with matt) that 24 is the only show worth watching...save the office or maybe csi:miami...i think you should take some vested interest in it

 
At 5/26/2005 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Everyone keeps telling me how great a show "24" is. I have watched some of it, and I do not care for it. Nay, I despise it. If I want to watch something about terrorists threatening to blow up the world I will rent a James Bond movie....Or maybe a dozen of them so it would be the equivalent of 24 hours. I mean, whose idea was is to take a day and drag it over an entire television season. Anyway, hope I didn't step on any toes. To each his own, I guess.

 
At 5/26/2005 02:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

24 sucks...why was extreme home makeover never mentioned during this talk of new television shows? i am terribly disappointed

 
At 5/26/2005 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Because Ty Pennington is the single most annoying and obnoxiously loud person on planet Earth.

 
At 5/26/2005 05:13:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

Ty's becoming kind of overexposed, too. I walked in Sears the other day, and his mug was up everywhere.

 
At 5/27/2005 01:54:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

it is funny to see a metrosexual try to replace bob villa for all the sears commercials... i am amused by it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home