Monday, May 02, 2005

The End of an Era

For the past 9 years of my life, 9 p.m. Monday night has always meant one thing to me: Everybody Loves Raymond. For those who know me, I'm sure you hasve found out that it is not only my favorite show currently on air, but my favorite show of all time. But at last, it seems, the time has come for the show to end, before it becomes lame and repetitive. All good things must end, I guess. 9 seasons is a good run. As depressed as I am that Raymond will be gone, an even bigger problem has emerged in my mind over the past few days: what will my new favorite show be? I have several candidates, all of which currently fight for second place in the never-ending struggle to gain my affection. So here's my list of candidates(in no particular order) for Wes's new #1 TV show.....
1. King of Queens
2. Scrubs
3. Arrested Development
4. Law & Order: SVU
5. Crossing Jordan
6. The Apprentice

It looks like the frontrunners right now are King of Queens and Scrubs, but Crossing Jordan is quickly moving up in the polls (I just started watching it about a year ago, so it is at a bit of a disadvantage). I fear the The Apprentice stands no chance, for I hear that next season, Martha Stewart will be replacing Donald Trump. Law & Order: SVU is always stable, but it needs some really great new episodes to move up. Anyway, your opinions on this matter would be much appreciated, becasue this is a difficult decision for me.

8 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 03:22:00 PM, Blogger troy said...

life is full of tough choices... on an unrelated note, what do you think of "Cooperstown Collection Agency." You could collect on overdue "the Lawn Barbers of Kentucky llp" accounts for 5% of the outstanding balance. I think it has a ring to it.

 
At 5/03/2005 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

It's always good to get your thoughts on such things as netword cancellations. I do not mourn Ray Romano's departure from the airwaves for my self, but I lament with you, my friend, during this time of loss. You tears belong not on the unsympathetic pages of TV guide, but on my shoulders.

 
At 5/03/2005 11:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Law and Order is a horrible show!

 
At 5/04/2005 11:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

24. The only show on TV worth downloading from the internet. --matt

 
At 5/05/2005 02:03:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

you seem more like a "little house on the prairie" kind of guy.

 
At 5/07/2005 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Justin said...

i would agree with you on raymond being my absolute favorite...but i must say that you have to go with matt's idea and check out the awesomely predictable 24

 
At 5/09/2005 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like any of those shows. But then again, I pretty much hate television. The only things I ever watch are Smallville and Family Guy, and since those aren't choices, I vote that you use that extra 9:00 hour to do something productive with your life.
Yours in Condescension,
John

 
At 5/11/2005 02:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about The Contender?! Desperate Housewives could be a good change for you...Eva Longoria and Teri Hatcher are babes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home