Friday, May 26, 2006

On My First Birthday

OK so last month I forgot to tell you that Cooperstown just celebrated it's very first birthday. Yes, it's been a whole year since I started a blog one night at Chris and Dustin's house for no reason at all. Who would have thought that it would have lasted this long? We've seen a lot of bloggers come and go, then come back, then go again, then come back again, then go again, but Cooperstown has not moved.

So in honor of Cooperstowns first birthday, I thought we could look back at previous posts. I want to know what your favorites were. Was it the one where I called out the dude at work who kept flirting with a girl by cursing at her? Was it the one where I talked about all of my nicknames? Was it the one where I reminisced about the summer of 2003?

I want your opinion here. Go back to the archives and check them out again if you need to. When all the feedback is in, we shall declare a "Best Post Of All Time".

Also, what is your favorite segment that I have done in the past? Is it "Here's What You Did"? Is it "Hey, remember when....."? Or is it "The Troy Woodyard Quote of the Week"? Again, give it some thought, and we shall declare a "Best Segment Of All Time".

Yet as much success as this blog has seen in the past year, we must also look to the future. We need new ideas, and therefore we need new segments. Of course we can keep the old segments, but if this relationship is going to work me need novelty and spontaneity. Here are a few ideas that I came up with:

-Stalker of the Month: This would be where I would pick out one of my blog stalkers and give them with the prestigious "Stalker of the Month" award. However, I should warn you that every month I am going to give the award to Sarah Foster. The other night I was just hanging out at the house and someone kept calling me and hanging up. I think it was Sarah. I think I might have to get the cops involved. Can you say restraining order?

-"Stupid Thing My Dog Did" of the Week: This weeks installment: my dog runs away only to be found sniffing flowers in my parents back yard.

-Andy Henard: Professional Joke Killer: This is where I post a joke, and then people keep the joke going for a while via comments, and then we all get to watch in awe as Andy comes in a kills the joke single-handedly with one quick stroke of the keyboard.

-Porter Phenomena: We already discussed why it is that we can't ever decide to where to eat after church. But there are other phenomena that must be addressed. For example, why is it that, after Darren lays down a filthy guitar solo on sunday morning, the first three rows feel the need to look back at me and point? Even people in the choir are starting to do it, it's getting out of control.

Got an idea for the blog? Let me know, I will always give your idea serious consideration.

5 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

Definitely the "here's what you did" and the "Troy Woodyard quote," and the "what I think, what I know." Those are what make your blog your blog.

 
At 5/28/2006 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best segment goes to..."Here's what you did" (crowd cheers)!
The best blog goes to..."picture comparison of Dave Waters and Tim Duncan, and Bryce Cooper and Napoleon Dynamite...produced by Wes Cooper" (crowd erupts)!
Future possibility for Cooperstown..."The Office quote of the week"
Happy Birthday Cooperstown! Happy Birthday!

 
At 5/29/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger dc said...

This is certainly the greatest blog of all time.
Happy Birthday!

 
At 5/30/2006 12:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We vote that "Summer of 2003" was the best post on Cooperstown this past year. You could still add more to it such as the prank wars on cars, Ash and Allison's car accident, balderdash, Finding Nemo and many more things.
We need more balderdash nights this summer!
We also agree that "Here's what you did..." is the best segment!
Happy Birthday Cooperstown!

 
At 5/30/2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel so honored to get Stalker of the Month. Do I get a prize or certificate with that? A key to your house would be good so I don't have to keep peeping in the windows.

And as your #1 stalker, you know that I like all your blogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home