Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Thoughts From The First Day of School

School is now officially back in session. The first day back is always pretty boring, discussing the syllabus and class procedures and whatnot. I did notice a few interesting things that I thought were worth sharing....

-I have a class in Kastle Hall that has about 200 people in it. As class let out, the people who had been waiting outside because they had class in that room next began shuffling into the room before any of us could get out. The result was a massive traffic jam of people, and brushing up against people I really didn't want to brush up against. This really annoys me, because this is what I dealt with for 4 years in high school.

-As I used the urinal in the CB restroom, a guy came in and, to my disbelief, actaully followed proper bathroom ettiquette and left an extra urinal between us. That made me happy.

-As I was walking from class, a guy behind me was talking very loudly into his cell phone. He kept talking about some really attractive Asian girl had added him as a friend on FaceBook, and how he was gonna go home that night and send her a message. Apparently, the guy on the other line was near deaf because he repeated this about 4 or 5 times. If that doesn't spell cool, I don't know what does.

-In my last class of the day, a dude came in late to a pass/fail class and asked me if I had a pen. Seriously, you need to check yourself if you show up without a single pen on the first day of class. That's straight up Troy Woodyard style. Anyway, he proceeded to mangle the cap to my pen by chewing on it. I let him keep it.

-I can't remember the last time I saw so many people on campus. I guess everyone doesn't start skipping until next week.

My classes are great, though, and I look forward to this semester, I think it will be good. Plus, as I walked around campus I smelled the sweet, sweet scent of domination in the air, which surely means that I am gonna rock the grades this semester.

5 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 02:12:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

i once loaned a kid a pen in a chemistry class at uk. he then picked his nose the rest of the hour, occasionally scribbling something down. i let him keep the pen, too.

 
At 8/25/2005 03:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's straight up Troy Woodyard style. --- Jerk

i once loaned a kid a pen in a chemistry class at uk. he then picked his nose the rest of the hour, occasionally scribbling something down. i let him keep the pen, too. --- that was me

 
At 8/25/2005 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it was me... i did grab a huge booger with the pen cap though, then proceeded to eat it. YUMMY!

 
At 8/25/2005 10:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can both of us rock the chicks lambo?

 
At 8/27/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

Lambo, what's your major now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home