Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I got nothing to say, so you know what that means......




That's right family, it's time for What I Think/ What I Know. Need I say more? YEEEEEEAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY! (That's my best Flava Flav impression).

What I Know: The summer is slowly waning away, and school is creeping up on us.

What I Think: Believe it or not, I am ready for school to start back up. Summer is cool and all, but I'm the kind of guy who needs a set schedule. Plus, I think I will enjoy the classes I am taking this semester. I am going to DOMINATE.

What I Know: With the start of school comes the annual UK/UL football rivalry.

What I Think: Several things. First, of all, UL will win. So will I go to the game anyway? I think this is what I will do....I will give UK one chance to impress me.....if thety are competive, I will consider coming back. If they play like last year, forget it. Either way, I will be pulling for the 'Ville to do well this season in the Big East. It would be good for a school from Kentucky to actually succeed at football. Oh yeah, and if UK doesn't win more than 4 games this season.....Rich Brooks, you're fired.


What I Know: This summer needs a theme song.

What I Think: Anyone got any suggestions?

What I Know: When I don't have to work, I have been watching such shows as Step By Step and Family Matters on ABC Family.

What I Think: Although I enjoyed both of these shows, watching them again, I have realized that pretty much the same thing happens on every episode. On nearly every Step By Step episode, JT does something stupid to get a date and at some point calls Dana "Barky". On Family Matters, Urkel tries to get a date with Laura, and then ends up doing something stupid, blowing something up, or getting one of the others into a bad situation. Yet these shows made 4 or 5 year runs. Don't get me wrong, I think these shows were great, but it amazes me that they could change each plot so little each week and continue to be successful.

What I Know: It has been freakin hot this week.

What I Think: While many may enjoy heat, I prefer 60's and 70's with cloudy skies. The sun is my enemy...ever does he seeks to burn me to an Opie Crisp...and forever I will thwart his advances with SPF 40 sunscreen. I'm the dude that goes to the beach and sits under an umbrella. So I look forward to Fall.

What I Know: I recently boycotted all new movies.

What I Think: I think my boycott was a little too much. This does not mean my opinion of Hollywood has changed. Only my approach toward new movies has changed. Instead of depriving myself of movies, I will just be more careful and selective when deciding what films to see.

What I Know: There was recent comment on Bryan Gotcher's blog about his poor grammar in said post.

What I Think: This is totally idiotic. The commenter pretty much said that Bryan was a poor representative of Christ becasue he made some typos in his posts. While I think we should all strive to look and sound professional (especially in a position such as Gotch's, which is that of a youth pastor), I think that this taking it way to far. It is just a casual blog, not a sermon. No one cares about going back to check for typos, and you are certainly no less of a person (or Cristian) for having them in your blog. I say rock on, Gotch, you are the man. Keep posting that mad blog action.

What I Know: I went to Applebee's tonight with Troy, Matt, and Justin.

What I Think: The lady right next to me would laught extremely loud every 5 minutes. I almost commited murder tonight.......no seriously, I was pretending to play the drums with the silverware while it was still wrapped in the napkin, and the knife almost flung out and hit her.

What I Know: I watched David Blaine in TV the other night.

What I Think: For those of you who don't know, David Blaine is this magician who does these crazy magic tricks. These aren't kiddie stunts either......he does stuff like pull the head off a chicken and put it back on. So either one of two things is going on: he is either staging all this stuff (which would make him a conjurer of cheap tricks), or he is Satan himself come to Earth in bodily form to punk kids like me and creep people out.

What I Know: There are many posers in the world, but there can be only one LORD OF THE POSERS, and he does not share power. And of course, he must have a Queen.

What I Think: The Lord of the Posers is that name that we dare not speak......Aaron Carter. He took the throne many years ago with such lame hits as "I Want Candy". Recently I found out that we almost lost a young lass by the name of Hillary Duff to his cruel and dark rule of terror, but fortunately she escaped his pathetic grasp. Soon after his presence was revealed to the Wise among us and he was cast down and broken. Yet his spirit endured, and now he lurks in the shadows, biding his time, waiting for a time when the music world is at his weakest. Then he will rebuild his old kingdom of lame cover songs and attempt once more to cover all the music land in a second darkness......and of course his Queen must be the dark and terrible Ashlee Simpson (do you see a trend here?), who we all know can't sing a lick. Should there be a time when both of these extremely HUGE posers return to the throne, may God help us all..............

3 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 07:33:00 PM, Blogger d blake said...

During the fourth of July holiday (while I was in Lex), Aaron Carter performed a free concert in the parking lot of Spartanburg's mall. Your career can't be going too well when you're doing free gigs in a mall parking lot in a small southern town.

 
At 7/28/2005 07:58:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

LOL, Dave's post was even funnier than the blog.

I didn't believe in dominating classes at UK. I generally disdained people who worked hard in school, and killed my curve. I was move studious than Troy, but still just did enough to get by most of the time. I always had better things to do, places to go, or better people to be with. (Yes, Maury Povich counts in this category when it's a boring management class).
But, come January, I'm going to be a geek and DOMINATE that master's action. Motivation goes a long way. (But, what's your motivation here?)

I will never root for U of L in ANYTHING. It should be OUR school winning games, not theirs. I hope they have a horrible season, and that UK... well... UK should just consider going to D-II.

They say that Guy Morriss only has 1 more year down here to prove he's worth anything.

 
At 7/28/2005 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

funny stuff dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home