Friday, July 08, 2005

Wofo and Me

Well it has been almost 2 months since I moved to Woodford County (which the natives refer to as Wofo), and I must say nothing relly exciting goes on out here. Most of you know I prefer the city over the small town scene (although, in reality, Versailles is really just a suburb of Lexington), so I find Wofo quite boring. But in my time here I have noticed how a lot of things are different here. Some of my observations:

-There are a lot of Mexicans out here. Let me clarify: this is not a racist comment, it is truth. There are a ton of Mexican employees here, most of which work on my street building houses. Most days I can open my window and here some Spanish music drifting down the lane. It os pretty cool.
-Everybody here really does know everybody else.
-There is pretty much nothing to do, unless you like to do stuff with horses, which I do not.
-There is no Wal-Mart, only a K-Mart. Wofo needs to do something about this, cause everyone else in America has a Wal-Mart. Sorry, but K-Mart just isn't as good.
-The girls in Wofo drive really fast. Especially on Versailles Road and the Parkway. I never really saw to many girls in Lexington break the speed limit by more that 20 miles an hour, but out here, they fly.
-I guess I was expecting people to be friendlier than in Lexington, but so far they are about the same.
-There are a lot of elderly people in the community, and they like to hang out at Kroger.

Just a few things I have noticed since I have been out here. It's not a very exciting place, but hey, I don't have to pay rent, and it's not as far out as most people think.

5 Comments:

At 7/08/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

"Wofo???" That's hilarious. That should be Kevin Federline's new cologne fragrance (per that SNL underwear skit). WOFO...
"I smell like I look, yo. I be runnin' with the ponies, yo. I be buying my threads at the K-Mizart, yo. My woman's having twins, yo. I'm in big trouble, yo."
WOFO!

 
At 7/09/2005 08:50:00 AM, Blogger SMITTY said...

that trip to uk will get annoying everyday

 
At 7/10/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger dc said...

i have actually always loved versailles. wouldn't mind living there someday.

 
At 7/10/2005 07:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOFO?!?!?! More like Borophyl!!

 
At 8/26/2006 04:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home