Monday, June 05, 2006

On Nothing In Particular

WELLLLL tonight is one of those nights where I don't really have anything in partcular that I would like to expound upon. But what a nice day it was today! If the weather stayed like this the rest of the summer I would be a happy man. But instead of being outside I am in my room typing on this blog. Oh well.

-So I just got home from Hagan York's Bible study. I like listening to Hagan talk because he is says what he thinks. It was a good study. And when I got home what was on TV? Deal or No Deal. I like this show not because it is particularly good or interesting, but because I get to participate by yelling "NO DEAL" at the TV. This is highly entertaining to me. I also like to imagine that somwhere in Texas, Justin Tapp is doing the same thing. Except he is probably coming out of his chair to scream at the TV when he does it.

Also notable about tonights finale is that for some reason Celine Dion is on the show. I don't know how they expect that to help the ratings. Perhaps when the shows producers presented the idea of bringing her on for the finale to the CEO of NBC he should have told them "NO DEAL'. "

-Last weekend I was having a conversation with some friends about what scared us as kids. The two most common things that kept us up scared late at night were leprechauns and clowns. That got me to thinking: what if we were to breed a leprechaun and a clown? The result would be a lepreclown. Wow, talk about nightmares. I may have one just from writing about it. This new creation raises several questions: Can lepreclowns climb rainbows? Do lepreclowns guard pots of gold? Do they like Lucky Charms? Can lepreclowns make balloon animals? Perhaps the more important question is how do lepreclowns fit into Troy's Theory of Leprechaun Reltivity? Does a lepreclown descend a rainbow at a rate of accleration close to 9.8 m/s2? I don't have the answers, but one thing is for sure....
Well they're some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a lepreclown clown when there's no one around
Oh yeah, baby baby, oh yeah baby baby

-Let me tell you why I'm convinced that Dick's Sporting Goods is run by a couple of schisters. We have this machine in the footwear department that you step on and it analyzes your footprint and then is able to recommend what shoes work best for you. It is a smart machine and works well most of the time. However, I can't help but notice that it always, no matter what kind of foot you have, recommends the most expensive pair of shoes we have, which happens to cost $135. Don't get me wrong, they are great shoes if you can justify spending that kind of money on some molded foam and rubber. But for that machine to recommend them to everyone regardless of whether they would be good for them or not, well, that's just shady.

-Finally I would like to announce that Andy Henard and I have decided to drop out of college and begin attending culinary school. Our plan is to open up a variey of restraunts offering a variety of different cuisines. Here are some of our ideas for restraunt names.

1) A. J. Cooper's- this will be our crown achievment, it will be a classy place I assure you
2) Don Henard's Pasta Parlor- a fine Italian joint
3) Coops on the Beach- seafood anyone?
4) Casa del Henardo- Yeah, it's Mexican food.
5) La Maison Coops- we don't really expect the French chain to do well in the states.

I will of course have to take time off in the winter to run mine and Chris's exterior illumination business (we put up Christmas lights). Yes, Ill-lumination is going to be a huge success this holiday season.

8 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 06:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with John, and seriously doubt that you even know how to put up Christmas lights. You should stop ripping people off with your bogus machine too, you are just as much a shister because you take people to that money hungry machine~~!!

 
At 6/06/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Nate said...

I want my $135 bucks back, and my feet hurt.

 
At 6/06/2006 11:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to stop stalking you now. Your thoughts on breeding leprechauns and clowns freaks me out!

 
At 6/07/2006 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Colby said...

wow wes you have taken a pretty harsh beating on this post...

 
At 6/07/2006 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would a lepreclown be tall with really tiny feet or short with huge feet? and what shoes would you recommend?

 
At 6/07/2006 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble, Wes, but Justin hates Deal or No Deal. He things everybody on it is too stupid for words. I think the dramatic pauses and half-naked models are what get on his nerves the most. So I'm the one sitting on the couch screaming "NO DEAL!!!" and he's sitting there with his book in his lap, pretending like he's not interested in the show. But I know what he's really thinking: "NO DEAL!!!!"

 
At 6/07/2006 01:17:00 PM, Blogger CatFish said...

How about:
Flew the Coop:
a restaurant focusing on various bird dishes -duck, chicken, pheasant, cornish hens, goose, etc.

Just be careful. With the current bird epidemic-you don't want to be known as Flu the Coop.

 
At 6/07/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger JTapp said...

I think "Deal or No Deal" would be more fun if it was like Hollywood Squares. Let's let washed up celebrities be the suitcase holders.
Contestant: "I'll go with Roseanne Barr!"
...Roseanne opens the suitcase to reveal the $1 million...
Roseanne: "HA, HA! LOSER!"

Instead of "reality TV all-stars" there should be "reality all-stars". Lorena Bobbitt could hold a briefcase next to the Runaway Bride.
Everyone should make sarcastic remarks, just like on Hollywood Squares.

Maybe then I'd watch the show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home