Sunday, September 11, 2005

Guess who reads my blog!!!!

Some thoughts from the past week:

-Well just when you thought UK had finally turned it's football program in the right direction, they go and lose half their starters to injury in the first two games of the season. You really gotta feel bad for some of these kids. Poor Tommy Cook was in rehab for who knows how long so he could play a sixth season at UK, only to dislocate his patella against a D1-AA school.

-My newest theory: God hates UK football. Reason: if we had a good football team and basketball team, no one in this state would go to church anymore.

-The groping couple who I wrote about in my last post sat in front of me at the football game Saturday night. Maybe God is not to fond of me right now either.

-I may boycott all UK football games simply for the fact that UK first downs are no longer announced ".....that gain is good for another first down, Kentucky!", but rather "......that gain is good for another Thornton's first down, Kentucky!" Advertising has officially gone to far.

-Sticking with the football theme, my fantasy football team lost week 1. Reason: Dante Culpepper threw for 3 INTs, no TDs. Strong work Dante.

- Seems it only took 4 years for our country to forget 9/11.

-Elizabethtown had a special premier showing in the 'Ville and in Elizabethtown Saturday night. I just found out today, otherwise I would have been there. Opening night is only a month away. If they cut my scene, you may see me madder than you've ever seen me before.

-Troy Woodyard Quote of the Week: "I'm the enforcer on this team. Nobody brings it into my wheelhouse."

-Troy Woodyard "Bad Decsion That Seemed Good at the Time" of the Week #1: Going camping in the gorge with no tent expecting to sleep on a tarp. Result: getting attacked by daddy long-legs, and a premature trip home late that night.

-Troy Woodyard "Bad Decision That Seemed Good At The Time" of the week #2: Ordering a huge plate of Cheddar's cheesefries for dinner, then proceeding to consume the entire plate. Result: ummm....

-FYI I use Troy in the blog because a) he does funny crap every day and b) we are best friends so it's all good

- "Here's What You Did" of the week: My stats professor says that there will be no math problems on the test, so a dude up front raises his hand and asks "So will we need a calculator on the test?" Here's what you did: Professor said there would be no math problems on the test. So you raised your hand and asked if we would need a calculator on the test. That's what you did.

-Poser of the Week: Dude at the football game who got on the jumbo-cam so he could hold up some cash in front of the camera.

-New Porter Rule: Play on The Facebook all you flippin want to, but don't bring it up in a conversation.

-Can you imagine what things would be like if we all loved people like that kid Keith talked about tonight?

-And finally tonight, I just found out that the one and only Susie Gotcher has read this blog at least once, which means Cooperstown has officially gone world-wide. Thank you Susie, and to all who visit regularly.....keep commenting and we'll see how long we can keep this party going. Until next time, keep it real family.........

8 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Put another advertisement on my blog and see what happens.....

 
At 9/12/2005 09:50:00 AM, Blogger Justin said...

dude change your settings on commenting and ads wont show up

 
At 9/13/2005 01:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wes.. your blog has been worlwide for a few weeks... susie does not make it worldwide.. she lives in kentucky.. I read it in kenya...

 
At 9/13/2005 09:17:00 AM, Blogger JTapp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/13/2005 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Bryan Gotcher said...

Hey,
Quit talking about my mother!!!
Just kidding, You have offically become my blog of the month for pure entertainment value. Here's your fake award.

Gotch

 
At 9/13/2005 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Tapp sorry I had to delete your comment, but it was necessary.....it had to be done for reasons that you may not have realized when you wrote it. Or maybe you did. Either way, I appreciate the comment you sly dog :)

 
At 9/13/2005 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Bryan Gotcher said...

Wes,
Go to your control page for your blog and under the comment tab you can add a word verfication which should stop all the comment spam. Who would have thought comment spam? crazy!
Gotch

 
At 9/13/2005 04:21:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going. Here's a subject that interests many. I would like to talk to you about an opportunity... an amazing opportunity for you and your loved ones. We all have dreams. I know I do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home